Chantal Sangz

1.Where are you from?
Born in Greensboro NC, Raised in Madison NC
2.Who do you compare yourself to in the music industry?
Others have compared my style to Jill Scott, Elle Varner , Suai
3.Where do you get your inspiration from?
I grew up around music, my father is a musician who played guitar with some great famous artists and bands, in my household Marvin Gaye was played, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Bobby Womack, the Temptations to Luther, Prince, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, and Mariah Carey.Soul music,pop music, rhythm and blues, jazz and blues. So I knew early on that I wanted to make music like them. Later i took to the listening of all of these artists and more including Lauryn Hill, Brandy, Mary J Blidge etc.
4.What separates you from other independent artist?
I think what separates me from other independent artists is my humbleness and the fact that i refuse to stay in one box. I will do features with other artists of different genres and my own music will reflect more than a one dimensional side of "the woman"
5.Whats your opinion on the music industry today?
The music industry is steadily changing. Its definitely changed since I was in Middle-school and high school during the era of 90's r&b and all cultures listening to pop. I think people miss that old soul music though like Isaac Hayes and Isley Brothers.. Betty Wright even Total and silk, Boyz II Men. The ballads are gone and alot of the r&b is saturated with artists who don't put their soul in the music. R&b artists wanting to do pop and pop artists doing r&b. No real separation. Neo Soul is where its at, but there's not enough love behind it from the people.
6.Do you do anything else other than music?
Yes. I also assist in stage play directing and stage managing. I write songs (ghost write) as well. I have a passion for music thats my #1 love but I love the entertainment and arts field period. Ive helped direct music videos, and have done a little BBW modeling. 
7.Where do you see yourself in the next year?
 I see myself steadily striving to achieve all i have dreamed in this industry.
8.Who are some of the artists you worked with?
A few artists Ive worked with are, Kayo Bracey, Young Dirt, He Is Cj,  FTH, Ali Vegas, M. Johnson, The FatBoy, Dana Lucci, Sybil and many others. I have no problem working with other artists
9.What projects are you promoting now?
I have recorded some live versions of some of my tracks that will be on my current project From:Me To:The Radio also on the theatrical side Im directing some stage plays that include appearences by Terrell carter (Tyler Perry actors), Buffy the Body, Latonya Simms and some other great actors and actresses.

WHATS YOUR?

Twitter:follow me @Mzsangz facebook: search Chantal Mzsangz Percell reverbnation:Chantal Sangz youtube:youtube.com/msshadychan1 I have a website coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...