Small Change

1.Where are you from?
Winston-Salem, NC
2.Who do you compare yourself to in the music industry?
I really havent been told that I remind poeple of anybody. I guess I am in my own lane. I would love to get mentioned alongside an artist that has had an extensive career though.
3.Where do you get your inspiration from?
I get my inspiiration from the things that I see everday and the events that have made me who I am. Seeing artist from North Carolina make it to that next step is really what keeps me going.
4.What separates you from other independent artist?
My grind is what seperates me from other artist. I keep my circle small but be everywhere at the same time. I don't fit the mold that people inour area are used to so I stand out just a little bit.
5.Whats your opinion on the music industry today?
The music industry is business and politics if that's what you are into then, the music industry is fine. If not, then the industry is reallya bunch of BS that I can do without. I am aiming to stay independent as long as I can until there is no excuse to why i am not signed to a major label.
6.Do you do anything else other than music?
I have a graphic designing business GFX4DALOW, I shoot viral & music videos Small Change Graphics & Films, I host parties all over NC, I consult with artist & I promote underground music as much as possible through various marketing techniques.
7.Where do you see yourself in the next year?
I see myself traveling to other states with artist that I have worked with here in Carolina next year. Some of the artist that I have developed a relationship are planning to on tour & some have moved to other states, so I am going to visit & travel & possibly get on some of these tours.
8.What projects are you promoting now?
Big Money Small Change is the focus for me right now. This record is actually bigger than what it seems. We were able to bring 3 entertainment companies together to make a single that could acually be a hit. I am also working closely with Lil Drex & Prime "Eat City/So Fresh" (through Small Change Graphics & Films) they are doing big things around the area right now.
9.Who are some of the artists you worked with?
First off Blue Ice is the man behind my production, recording & engineering. I have worked with almost everyone in Winston-Salem in some form or fashion. I don't think that there is enough room to name everyone., but I will say that one of my favorite experiences was working with Esquenee.


Twiiter: @smallchange336
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/samleakenc
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/samleake?feature=mhee
Official Website: http://smallchange336.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...