Blaque Bird

 
1.Where are you from? 
I'm from Greensboro, North Carolina.....ya dig?
2.Who do you compare yourself to in the music industry? 
If I had to compare myself to someone I still wouldn't but I'll say that I can see myself on the same bill as Miguel, Elle Varner, Melanie Fiona, Jasmin Sullivan.....
3.What separates you from other independent artist?
Probably the fact that I'm hungry and I've been representing myself, by myself for years. Only resently have I started to gain some partners here and there but I'm in it for the soul love for it. Its my spiritual haven in more ways than one and while other artist are willing to "sell out" so to speak in order to sell it, I'm more so choosing to share my gift to the world. 
4.Whats your opinion on the music industry today?
I believe that the industry is still stuck on the superficial image of success and beauty and our children are suffering from it in the worst way because now they have a false idea of what their self image is suppose to be. We have become so engulfed in the "look" of it that the music has become either shamelessly distastful or intriguely aweful. I could go into detail and surely I don't feel this way about ALL of todays music but there's not enough space on the page. 
5.Where do you see yourself in the next year?
Next year I should be graduating from North Carolina A&T with a bachelors in broadcast production and preparing to make a move out of the state soon. I'm planning on producing a few productions at that time as well as being a feature on an independent tour. Don't want to speak too much on it because the projects are still in development.
6.Where do you get your inspiration from? 
My inspiration derives from a number of things from industry influences such as Ceelo Green and Donny Hathaway to name some randoms to simple "haters" if u say. You know the ones who always have something to say....yeah those folk. General life as I know because I'm soley speaking from one point of view hoping that people can relate and understand, whether they agree or not. 
7.What projects are you promoting now?
Right now I'm still pushing the Blaque Ray'D'yo mixtape entitled the Juke Joint. Working on the second Blaque Ray'D'yo mixtape as well as a solo EP both due out some time in the winter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...